Sunday 16 March 2014

Sunday 16th March: Back Home

Sadly, our time here was already up. This morning we woke up to yet more fog and set about finishing off our oustanding DIY tasks before packing up ready for our departure. By about half past one we were finally ready to leave and set off on the long journey back to Oxford. The only point of note on the trip was that my VLW thought that she saw a Black Kite fly over us on the M4 just as we approached our junction 15 turn-off. Whilst she's not a birder at all, she knows Red Kites pretty well and described this as smaller, very dark and with only a shallow fork in the tail. Sounds promising though sadly I never saw it.

Drinker Moth Caterpillar

An Early Grey Moth that L found yesterday

It was another enjoyable stay down in our favourite part of the country though this time it was rather hard physical work with not much leisure time for birding. I would have liked to have seen the Polgigga Hoopoe but time was against me. By way of compensation for the lack of birding at least I got to treat myself to the Great Spotted Cuckoo on the way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment