Monday 23 February 2015

Monday 23rd February - Wrapping Up

I'm back home now after an uneventful last day. The weather on Saturday was properly stormy with a great looking sea on view at Pendeen. We however had to soldier on with shutting down the cottage. The only bird news of note was that I saw the pair of Choughs again down by the cliffs as I was packing the car.

Now that I'm back home I've had time to edit some of the video footage that I shot which I've included below. I've also added a micro moth that I found in the boot of the car which flew out in Sainsbury's car park.



The Gulval Little Bunting


The Swanpool Ring-billed Gull


Looking back on the week it was quite a hard one from the point of view of the DIY work that we had to do and also from the fact that most of us got ill. However the birding was good and I came away with four shiny new Cornish ticks for my troubles which was probably as good as I could have hoped for. Apart from the elusive possible AHG's the only birds that I never got a chance to try for were the American Wigeon either at Kingsmill or the Gannel Estuary. I'm going to have to come back again in a few weeks to check on the work that our various tradesmen have done and to finish off the touching up of the decorating work so with any luck there will be more to report in the next few weeks.

Car park moth - I think it's Agonopterix heracliana


No comments:

Post a Comment